The Walls Are Up: Phases 3 & 4 Done!
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/seausvi.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/new-royalslider/classes/rsgenerator/NewRoyalSliderGenerator.php on line 339
We are very pleased with our SEA (Sisterhood Empowerment Academy) progress so far. As you may know, construction tends to be a bit slower in the islands. There are a number of factors why this is the case. However, with our careful attention to eco-friendly design and process, we knew that it would be an educational process for all. Overall, the SEA project has been a very progressive one.
Phase 3 of the SEA building process included completion of the following tasks:
- Prepped the 40′ shipping container for storage and occupancy
- Examined hurricane resistance structuring with cost considerations
- Building the foundation with concrete footings, columns, and flooring
Our builder, Vincent Powell, has been commended for careful attention to our green building strategy-read more about it HERE. For example, we utilized a lot of used materials, especially wood, to save our trees and other natural resources, plus reduce building costs. Using the shipping container was also eco-friendly and cost-effective.
Phase 4 of the SEA building process included completion of the following tasks:
- Flooring was completed
- The water catchment system was expanded
- Exterior walls were framed and erected
- Materials were secured for roofing
- More local contractors and reuse materials were identified
Princess, the SEA kitty, approves. So far, so good! Next… the roof. We anticipate completion of Phase 5 by the end of November 2015.